From: Gary Casey <glcasey@adelphia.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: cutting tables
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 00:11:51 -0400
To: <lml>
<<Why go for such expensive/complicated options ? We made a cutting board by
the same dimensions as Lancair has in their build shop, with 2*4. 4*4 and
MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) from home depot. Lasted for the entire
project, and don't remember even changin blades, or maybe we did once. Price
for the entire cutting table ? Oh maybe 30-50 bucks ? Save your bucks on the
table and put them in your airplane.>>

I'll second that.  I was afraid to admit that I made table that folds out
from my bench out of MDF and then covered it with masonite, smooth side up.
Half through the project still looks pretty good - cost for the surface was
about $10 and another $15 for the rest of the table.  Now I have another $50
to buy airplane parts!

Gary Casey
ES project