From: Steven Byle <steven@byle.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: Going to Austin
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:32:13 -0400
To: <lml>
RE: Going to Austin Matt,

In Austin, unfortunately, there are really only two choices. I most often use Austin Aero in the GA terminal of Bergstrom. They are about 10 minutes from downtown and you can rent a car for $40/day. The facility is nice and the service good, but you may be held up by the commercial traffic when taking off and landing.

The other option is Lakeway (3R9) (http://www.3r9.org/) about 25 minutes from downtown. If you don’t mind the extra drive, it is superior in many ways. The runway is at the edge of Lake Austin. The fuel is less than $2/gal. Overnight is $5, first two nights waived. And there is an excellent restaurant and lodging lakeside at the Lakeway Inn (http://www.dolce.com/lakeway/lakeway_inn.html). You would have to contact the hotel regarding car rental, though, as the field is unattended.

Have a good trip. If you see another Lancair there it will probably be me.

Steven Byle
Steven@byle.net
Lancair 320 N199B