From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: 320,360,360 MKII
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 21:23:10 -0400
To: <lml>
Posted for Sky2high@aol.com:

Posted for "Tom Niederhelman" <nieder1@sprynet.com>:
Would someone educate me as to the differences between these aircraft?

They are all 320's with different enhancements:
360- Use lycoming 360 instead of lycoming 320
360-MKII - built with larger tail as required by Aussies for better horizontal stability. However, these are not all of the differences or combinations:
Long Engine Mount - extends engine forward 3-inches.  Better match for MKII tail.
OutBack Gear - Larger main wheels, different flap actuation system
Header tank/no header tank
Extended fuel tanks
MT vs Hartzell props and weight differences

Even, as I saw a few weeks ago, a 235 body (slightly smaller than 320), a 320 engine, a MKII tail, Outback gear and no header!

The differences are more than skin deep.

Scott Krueger
N92EX