From: Gary Hall <garyhall@ix.netcom.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: [LML] Re: Garmin GNS430
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 11:29:26 -0400
To: <lml>
"Jeremy F Fisher" <exhibs@mindspring.com> wrote:

"If you want to reduce the cost somewhat, look at eBay . . ."

I too have purchased several items on Ebay but they were under a
$100.00. I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling on Ebay as opposed
to dealing with a "known" reputable dealer. You pay more, but more
importantly, you have recourse if something isn't correct. On Ebay,
buyer beware.

Personally, I would not plop down that kind of change and take my
chances, so to speak. Ebay, just doesn't do it for me, too many
risks involved to mention here.

Jerry wrote:
"The other advantage is that you can install them yourself without running
into Garmin's policy of only selling to you if a dealer does the
installation, which can add considerably to the cost."

Maybe I misundstand your statement here. I can buy any Garmin product at
an authorize dealer, e.g. http://www.tropicaero.com, and install it myself.

Thanks.

Gary Hall, FXE
http://www.uslan.com/hinge-kit.html