From: Steve & Claudette Colwellby way of marvkaye@lancaironline.net <colwell@innercite.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: [LML] Re: Foam
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 07:59:21 -0400
To: <lml>

> Lot's of things, all having to do with trying to get perfect
> gaps. The
> latest use was on the vertical and horizontal stabs on the
> surfaces opposite
> where the counterweights are.

Ahhh perfect gaps,  I spent way too much time seeking perfect gaps on the
horiz stab/elevator and counter weights.  Uniformity yes,.... tight, be
careful!  Primer and paint on opposing surfaces will close those gaps more
than you might think.
I rounded my counterweights using the inside of a PVC pipe cut in half with
80 grit stick-it and was very proud of the uniform gaps at the front and
side.  The method I used was 1/4" foam fitted to the cavities in the horiz
stab then bonded to 1 bid of cloth on a flat surface with release.  Slide
the foam back in the cavity with micro on the edges and easily sand off the
overhanging glass.

Steve Colwell   Legacy 2K  Placerville,CA   (530) 621-3408