From: Gary Casey <glcasey@adelphia.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: engine hesitation on switching tanks
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:25:42 -0400
To: <lml>
<<I relocated the
fuel boost pump from the side wall to the floorboard on the right side
forward of the left foot.  This lowers the fuel pump to a point where it
does not have to suck as it is below the top of a full tank.>>

I think that is an excellent idea.  I looked at the recommended location of
the pump on my ES and decided mine would go under the floor boards as well.
Another possible scenario, though.  The cabin is maybe 5 psi higher pressure
than the fuel inside the pump.  What if the shaft seal leaked air into the
pump, even though it is effective in keeping the fuel from leaking out.
After a few minutes at altitude it has enough air in it to essentially vapor
lock for a few seconds.  Wouldn't it be good to put the pump in an insulated
compartment forward of the firewall?  I know, no room.

Gary Casey
ES project