From: Marvin Kaye <marvkaye@lancaironline.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:45:23 -0400
To: <lml>

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 01:39:39 -0400
 "Bill & Sue" <harrelson@erols.com> wrote:

So Marv has put the list on a small server
on the internet connected to a big pipe.

I've been getting the list as a digest for many years. Today I got a blank
message with each post attached seperately. I have to open each attachment
individually to read them. Is this a temporary change or is this the new
style? (I liked the old way better).

Bill
harrelson@erols.com
N5ZQ

[ its a new thing... in order to do HTML and attached photos
the digest is MIME encoded.. outlook express makes each message
a "file" that you hafta click on in the upper right hand side.. there isn't much of a work around for OE, but you can use
eudora, netscape, or pegasus to read mail.. or rather than
doing the digest, sign up for real time, lml-on@lancaironline.net
and make an OE filter that automatically puts lml into a folder.

the lancaironline.net server also refuses email from sites
listed in http://spamcop.net/  so if one of aol's relays
is actively spaming and you are a aol user whos message goes to that
same relay, your message will be blocked. Just try again later
as the spamer will likely be stopped by aol in a few hrs.

all messages are scanned for virus by http://www.sophos.com
but most problems are caused new virus before any infection
file is written. (lancaironline.net updates infection files
twice a day)

             Rob@Logan.com ]