From: Harry League <harryleague@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Birds?
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:51:38 -0600
To: <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Robert Smiley wrote:
> Mount the guns on each ear piece on your sunglasses.  attach the trigger
> mechanism to a portable push to talk switch mounted on your stick or better
> yet use the multi button menzheimer control stick for the trigger.

Bob,

The problem is I will be too engrossed with the Sierra screen and the rest of
the scan.   Also, even if I were paying attention to all the air molecules going
by at 300kts. I doubt I could process the information as fast as a computer.
Who looks outside anymore anyway.   I do like your idea as a backup with only
one slight modification, which would be a manual override that allows a sensing
unit to direct the wing mounted guns to point in the direction that I happen to
be looking at the time.   As for the remainder of your suggestion, I think it
merits consideration.

LML website:   http://members.olsusa.com/mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair
Please remember that purchases from the Builders' Bookstore
assist with the management of the LML.

Please send your photos and drawings to marvkaye@olsusa.com.