From: Mark Davis <mdavis@adnc.com>
Subject: Legacy Hydraulic Line Routing
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 14:59:53 -0800
To: <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On setting up to drill the holes in the forward lower corner of the Legacy
WS 19 ribs to install the hydraulic lines from the cockpit out to the main
landing gear as shown in the manual, I became concerned about access to
install/tighten/maintain the tubing and AN fittings on the outboard side of
the rib.  It looks to be very difficult with the wing skin off and nearly
impossible if you have to work on them through the wheel well after wing
closure.  Interference problems arise from a number of directions (fuel
line, retracted gear, airleron push-pull rods, the other fittings
themselves) when looking to install the lines through a more accessible
place on the rib. The hydraulic line and fuel return line locations on the
aft end of the rib appear to have a similar problem when routed as shown in
the manual, but it appears possible to move them up enough to have
acceptable access.  I'm therefore asking if any Legacy builders who have
actually run these lines have encountered any problems installing the lines
as shown in the manual especially with an eye toward future maintenance
access needs. Has anyone tried an alternative routing?  Hope my concerns
are unfounded but thought I'd ask before I start drilling.

Mark Davis
Legacy #162

LML website:   http://members.olsusa.com/mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair
Please remember that purchases from the Builders' Bookstore
assist with the management of the LML.

Please send your photos and drawings to marvkaye@olsusa.com.