From: Marvin Kaye <74740.231@compuserve.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <74740.231@compuserve.com>
Subject: Zehrbach +240 HP LYC 360 Engines with EFI / Ceramics
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:35:38 -0400
To: Lancair Mail List <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted for DARUS47959@aol.com:

Past postings on the Lancair list indicated an interest in some customer
comments about engines fitted with my Electronic Fuel Injection systems.  I

have also seen interest in the high power +345 hp. 540s and high power
360s.

I jsut finished final tuning on another such engine, now flight ready at
Hibbing Minnesota if anyone in that general area wants to inspect such an
engine.  This is an aircooled, normally aspirated, parallel valve 360
making
+240 hp. with EFI, 10/1 pistons, full ceramics package, and fitted with a 3

blade composite prop.  The customer is an engineer and senior check pilot
for
Northwest Airlines.   email Sorensen@uslink.net

At 100% power with the tail tied to a truck the CHTs would not climb over
368
degrees after extended running and peaked after 30 sec of full power.
Peak
EGTs on the ground after extended 100% power was 1410 F.   The engine temps

will come down further as the engine breaks in.  I wish the Suburban I
drive
started so quickly.  This engine has a 4 into 2 crossover exhaust and has
the
fuel injectors setting 9 inches from the valve in the runner with 62 psi to

maximize fuel vaporization.

A turbo charged angle valve 360 with the EFI and ceramics only on the
pistons
has accumulated quite a bit of time in Matt Hapgood's Lancair 36 in
Charlotte, NC.  email Matt.Hapgood@funb.com.

A parallel valve, turbocharged 360 with only ceramics and no EFI has been
flying out of the Chicago area for well over a year now that you can check
on.  email rlperry@juno.com

The FADEC EFI system has now been fitted to turbo and normally aspirated
540s, 360s, a TSIO-550 Continental, a number of different types of rotary
engines, a Rotax 912, and a number of V8s.

Darus Zehrbach
ZEHRBACH-LPE ENGINES

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair