From: Marvin Kaye <74740.231@compuserve.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <74740.231@compuserve.com>
Subject: ZEHRBACH ENGINES AT OSHKOSH
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 19:32:00 -0400
To: Lancair Mail List <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted for DARUS47959@aol.com:

Marv,
Sorry I missed you when you stopped by the booth.  I trust Dick Rutan's
aircraft was still there when you came by.  If not, I am sure you could see

the clear outline of the plane in the dead grass.

The water cooled Lycoming conversion in Dick's aircraft of the Lycoming
I0-360 ran very well.  Results were:

       6 knots faster than when the engine was air-cooled.

       7.1 gph at 125 degrees lean of peak in cruise

I trust you saw the water cooled 4 cylinder Lycoming on display at my
booth.
 The 6 cylinder was on display over at the Beirkut booth.

We are looking for customers to be the first to run these water cooled
Lycomings in the Lancairs.  I have a 540 with twin turbos and EFI under
construction right now that would be an interesting setup in an ES or
Legacy.
 There is a mount for a Lycoming available already for both the ES and
Legacy.

We did all right in the races.  Dick Keyt and the Polen Special with my
turbo
system parts on it set a new worlds record and won in class at the Kitty
Hawk.  Couple of others ran and took home the gold also.  Several customers

could not get across the country due to weather to run the race or make the

show.  Ullman Manufacturing made the show but left the prototype aircraft
with our engine at home.  The kit manufacturer of Team Tango did not show
so
neither of the customers with either the 360 nor the 540 showed and
displayed.

Let me know when you are ready with your engine.

Darus Zehrbach

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair

Please send your photos and drawings to marvkaye@olsusa.com.