From: Curtis Krouse <ckrouse@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: brake line hose
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 17:21:33 -0600
To: <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scott Dahlgren,

You wrote:
"I ordered steel AN fittings 1/8npt to -3 for the brakes and reservoirs
(Spruce).  there are many documented accidents (NTSB), I think even on the
LNN web page where the nylon heat fatigues and bursts."

Could you be more specific with your examples of where the nylon lines have
failed?  I've spent a lot of time reading the GA accidents on the NTSB web
site and have never run across this.  I would be interested to know as I
plan on using the nylon lines on my bird.  Maybe you could change my mind.
I can't imagine that Lancair would intentionally use inferior products, so
any accident reports that were caused by nylon brake line failure would be
interesting.

I spent a lot of time reading this mail list and have noticed that a lot of
builders are not too happy with some of the materials that Lancair supplies
with their kits.  Now, I don't think that there is anything wrong with
that......in fact, I think that it is great that so many builders are
looking to improve the standard kit materials by customizing their planes.
But, I don't think that Lancair is putting known bad material in their kits.
If I'm wrong, correct me.

Curtis Krouse N753K