From: Aaron May <aaronmay82@lycos.com>
Subject: Re: Lancair IV Turbine Makes First Flight
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 00:35:54 -0500
To: <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

   I must say congrats to Lancair.  IMHO, the way a kitplane company stays in
business is by constantly analyzing their purpose and always applying new ways
to innovate and open the door to new markets. That is exactly what
Lancair is doing.  They just won't stop.They gave the Tigress a go,and
it was an awesome plane, but too complex was the word I heard.  But that
didn't stop them.  It seems like just yesterday we were hearing about the
new Columbia 300 - a huge step for this organization and the Lancair name.Then
came the Legacy and they're selling those like hotcakes and being built in a
matter of months. Then they up'ed the Columbia to the 400 and people started
 looking under the fuselage to see how the gear secretly retracted, not
believing for a minute that a fixed gear aircraft could go so fast.And now
the Turbine IV.
   All of this in literally a matter of a few years.  That is the wonderful
thing about Lancair. They may not do everything - not even many things -
perfectly, but one thing they ARE doing perfectly is innovating.  Not
only in making new planes, but in making improvements to the ones they already have.
  I, for one, would never have had the opportunity to become a Lancair builder
if the team up there would have been content to stay with the 360.They're
taking chances to attempt to become a stronger, more successful company,
and I say more power to them!  (pun intended)
Aaron May

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair

Please send your photos and drawings to marvkaye@olsusa.com.