From: <AFE12@aol.com>
Subject: Apologies and a reality check
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:19:11 EDT
To: <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<< Please ask the children to argue off the list.  Failing that perhaps they
should be given a bunch of wet lettuce each and allowed to beat each other
to death in some secluded place. >>

I humbly offer my apologies for getting out of hand and outside the
guidelines of the list.

Something that I definitely didn't get across in any previous message is that
I really do want all of these alternative engines to succeed.  Seriously.  At
the risk of sounding like a certain historical figure, I have a dream of the
day when all of general aviation has numerous choices of efficient, reliable,
powerful, moderately priced engines.  Of course I believe in certain ones
more than others, but I'd prefer the choice to be between several modern
engines instead of arguing old vs. new.  I also dream of the day when we can
build high performance aircraft in only a few hundred hours and I have spent
the last 15 years (and every dime I have) pursuing that goal.  I wish
everyone who strives for these heretofore "unachievable" goals good luck.  We
must remember that once upon a time, a 500 lb. 350 HP turbo'd flat six was
thought to be impossible.

Eric Ahlstrom
www.staraerospace.com

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/Users/Mkaye/maillist.html