From: <dudewanarace@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Beringer
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:20:31 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
For what it is worth, I am converting to the Beringer wheel/brake setup right now.  I replied to Dan directly but I'll clear some things up for any others interested.

I have a 360, not a Legacy, therefor I can't compare the stock Legacy Cleveland parts to the Beringer.  But, I can compare the 'stock' Matco parts I have.  And they, are, terrible.  I have had many brake and wheel related issues over the years.  Countless pinched tubes during landing.  Failed caliper piston seals.  Wheel bearing seals, and bearings, etc etc..  I could go on.

My point is, the 'stock' parts in my kit totally suck.

Changing to the Beringer is a big job no doubt. They can build your kit for either DOT4 or Mil-Spec fluid.  They do not recommend 5606 because of its low flash point, 180-200 degrees.  Instead I used Royco 782 which has a flash point of over 450 degrees.  The other hard part is the parts are all metric.  So, it takes some time to work out the hardware on the master cylinders.  Beyond those things, their parts are really amazing.  I have never seen CNC'd parts of this quality before.

No tubes
Sealed bearings
Genius rotor mount makes wheel removal super easy
Very light weight
Anti-skid pressure regulator

I'll have them flying soon for a real comparison.

Thanks,
Tom McNerney