From: Adam Molny <Adam@ValidationPartners.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: Beringer Brakes
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 09:46:26 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Dan -

'Works better than standard' implies that there is something wrong with the
Lancair-supplied Cleveland wheels and brakes. I have never had any problems
with mine. I can lock the brakes at just about any speed which means the
brakes are more than powerful enough. I have also never had any problems
with brake fade. The nylaflow tubing failed even before my first flight but
that's a separate issue.

I believe the Beringer brakes require DOT 6 brake fluid. This is
glycol-based so spills or drips will immediately ruin any painted surface
they touch.

Most important: be VERY careful when selecting non-standard suppliers for
your airplane parts. I have $28,000 worth of Blue Mountain EFIS collecting
dust in my basement because the company went belly up and the units are no
longer supported. The same goes for my Aerocomposites propeller. Will
Beringer still be around in 10 or 15 years? Will they still be making
replacement parts for your system? Building and maintaining an airplane is a
big job. Don't make it any harder than it needs to be.

If you're concerned about cosmetics you can always have the rims stripped
and powder-coated to any custom color you choose. They also come with hub
caps which give you a bit more canvas to play with.

Keep it simple!
-Adam Molny
Legacy N181AM 260 hours