From: Stevens Family <stevens5@swiftdsl.com.au>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: L360 static ports
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 13:21:48 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Thanks Dave. It’s because I don’t want a big box down both sides of the baggage area that I asked the question.

Thanks for responding.

Rob.

Sent: Friday, 15 August 2014 9:02 PM
To: Lancair Mailing List
Subject: [LML] Re: L360 static ports

In the 360 that I purchased, I believe the builder put some kind of protective box (wood by the feel of it) around the sensitive areas. I’m not certain, but it appears he also ran some other lines or wires through the area because the boxed areas seem bigger than necessary for just the static system.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Sent: Friday, August 15, 2014 4:09 AM

Subject: [LML] L360 static ports

A question for those who have gone before me. I am just getting to the stage of planning my static system. I plan on putting in two static ports, one on either side of the fuselage, as suggested in the  manual. The recommended position is about half way along the sides of the baggage area. They suggest  using a Nylon Nylo-seal 268N fitting bonded into the honeycomb of the side panel. This would protrude what looks to be about an inch into the baggage area. The Nylo-seal tubing then attaches to the fitting, which will result in the whole connection protruding at least 2” into the baggage area.

Whilst I am sure this will work well as far as the static system is concerned, it seems to me that it will only be a matter of time before an errant piece of baggage being placed into the baggage area will land on the protruding tubing and damage and/or break the nylo-seal fitting.

What have others done about this? I thought of using a Nylo-seal 269N elbow fitting, but it is not clear (at least to me!) from the specifications that this will work.

I am interested in what others have done.

Thanks for help.

Regards,

Rob Stevens

Perth, Western Australia.