From: Haywire <haywire@telus.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Wastegates & engine stuff
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:06:57 -0400
To: <flyrotary>

> Are you talking about the internal wastegate?  Is it the lever that's
> actuated by a big spring loaded vacuum pot? BTW- which turbo is
> this?  What
> year range was it used?

Hi Rusty;
My turbo is an '86-88. I'm not sure of its designation. The switching valve
is internal, but is not the wastegate. It controls flow to one side of the
twin scroll. I will attach a drawing from the Haynes manual for your info.
However I just received an e-mail from Leon regarding this and other things.
It seems that it is ok to remove this and the actuator.
thanks for your comments.

Ps. I recall that you were also interested in using an electric water pump.
I'm currently arranging with Leon to purchase one from Davies Craig. I will
let you know the results if you are still interested.

S. Todd Bartrim
Turbo 13B rotary powered
RV-9endurance (FWF)
C-FSTB