From: <13brv3@mchsi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Synthetic oil?
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:28:44 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
The problem in the car is that the oil injection sends significant unburned
synthetic oil out the exhaust and it eventually clogs up the catalytic
converters. A very expensive thing for the dealer since they must certify
the emissions system for 100,000 miles.  The engine itself loves the stuff.
I have around 1200 hours in the plane on Mobile1.

Tracy Crook
tcrook@rotaryaviation.com
www.rotaryaviation.com

Thank you (and Rino) for providing the true answer to this.  In all the
threads I've read on the RX-7 list, you'd think someone would have mentioned
this, but if they have, I didn't see it.  This makes perfect sense now.
Many people change the exhaust, and dump the catalytic converters, so I
guess it doesn't matter to them.  For now, mine is completely stock, so I'll
steer clear of the synthetic until I have the time and money to start
modifying the car.

Thanks again,
Rusty