From: <13brv3@mchsi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Synthetic oil?
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:28:07 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
You do not say whether you plan on retaining the stock oil metering pump or
not.  If you retain the stock pump you will be injecting used engine oil
into
your engine to lube the seals.  Synthetic oils burn much less readily and
leave
who knows what behind as deposits.  A "designed to burn clean" 2 cycle oil
in
the gas does a better job and is not dirty to begin with.
-----------------------------

I haven't completely decided what I'll do with the aircraft engine, but most
likely, I'll remove the oil pump and run pre-mix.  On the RX-7, I mix 4oz
Marvel Mystery Oil in every tank, in addition to the oil pump.  The 3rd gen
RX-7 engines have an embarrassingly short life span, so I'm giving it all
the help I can.  FWIW, my car has 83K miles, and had the engine replaced at
75K.  Sadly, this is about the norm.

I've seen threads on the RX-7 list where they discuss the possibility of
deposits that may form as a result of injecting synthetic oil.  The general
consensus seems to be that it isn't an issue at all.

Thanks,
Rusty