From: John Slade <sladerj@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: engine mount
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:52:43 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I used RTV only at the engine mount plate join, and I have a small but very
annoying leak when the nose is down.

> > Rather than lock washers, wouldn't it make more sense to use drilled
> > head bolts and safety them together in groups of 2 or 3?
I'd agree with the safety wire. I've noticed that my sump bolts (with lock
washers) want to undo themselves. I've tightened them twice in 8 hrs. About
a 1/2 turn each time. I'll be safety wiring them when I redo the sump /
mount plate / engine join... with gaskets this time.

Regards,
John Slade