From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: engine mount
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 23:15:23 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Bulent Aliev <atlasyts@bellsouth.net> wrote:

""I safety wired the oil pickup bolts and used lock washers on all
 the oil pan bolts.""

Rather than lock washers, wouldn't it make more sense to use drilled head bolts and safety them together in groups of 2 or 3?  I know they're metric and probably not commercially readily available, but drilling them on a drill press wouldn't require too much effort.  Use a 135 degree split point drill bit and you'll go through them like butter.  Just a thought.

     <Marv>