From: kevin lane <n3773@comcast.net>
Subject: engine mount
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:01:44 -0700
To: flyrotary <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I have finally finished machining my engine mount plate .  do you guys think I can simply RTV it and the oil pan together, or do I need to cut some kind of gasket material?  I assume, too, that lock washers are adequate for like the oil pick-up line, or should I be safety wiring these parts?  the other parts I can see have lock washers (oil pump housing...)  I have never understood the reasoning on Lycoming, where many things are safety wired, except the engine halves, which don't even use fine threads.
Kevin Lane  Portland, OR
e-mail-> n3773@comcast.net
web-> http://home.comcast.net/~n3773
(browse w/ internet explorer)