From: Alex Madsen <madsena@rose-hulman.edu>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: High Temperature Epoxy Selection
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:15:09 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Good news. I called De-Comp Composites today. Their High Temperature
Laminating Rigid HTR-250 and High Temperature Laminating Flame Retardant
HTR-250-FR is $52 for a gallon. HTR-250 uses 100:5 HTE-48 hardener which is
$31.5/lb.  HTR-250-FR uses 100:25 HT-106-3 which is $14.08/2lb. The kit of
resin and hardener for High Temperature Laminating Flame Retardant is
$66.08.
Spec Sheets below
Alex Madsen

HTR-250
HARDENER:  HTE-48
RATIO:  100 pbw to 5 pbw
GENERAL DESCRIPTION:  HTR-250 is an unfilled tough, strong resin system with
good heat distortion, chemical resistance and excellent adhesive quality.

TYPICAL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
Ratio by Weight 100 pbw to 5 pbw
Pot Life 45 minutes @ 200ºF
Hardness, Shore "D"  90
Tensile Strength, PSI 9,500
Compressive Strength, PSI  15,000
Flexural Strength, PSI 15,000
Heat Distortion 325ºF
Density:  Resin 9.6
                Hardener 8.1
                Mixed 9.52
Specific Gravity:  Resin 1.16
                              Hardener .98
                              Mixed 1.15
Shelf Life:   Resin/Hardener 1 year

HTR-250-FR
HARDENER:  HT-106-3
RATIO:  100 pbw to 25pbw
GENERAL DESCRIPTION:  HTR-250-FR is an unfilled tough, strong flame
retardant resin system with good heat distortion, chemical resistance and
excellent adhesive quality.

TYPICAL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
Ratio by Weight 100 pbw to 25 pbw
Ratio by Volume 4 to 1