From: John Slade <sladerj@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Second stock turbo bites the dust
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 22:18:08 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message
 > I think you may find that your prop is so overpitched that you "need" the turbo to get any decent rpm.
Yea. I was thinking that might be a problem.

>there's a sucker born every minute :-)
Or, in this case, a blower :)

>hereby challenge John to a climb contest at this year's roundup
OK. You're on. Target altitude - 25,000 ft. :)
A climb contest (less than 10,000 ft) you will always win. Lets try a speed contest instead.
(of course you'll have to fly over to a hard surface airport to find me)

 >I like that Idea too.  You will have to seal the oil passages.
Duh! :)

Anyway - good news.  Tomorrow, I just spoke at length with Max at http://www.turbonetics.com.au/  He can get a turbo locally for about $150AU and rebuild it per the specs on his web site for around $600AU. That's less than the turbo rebuilder guy up the street wanted to just do a straight rebuild.

I told him to go ahead. I should have my new turbo in 2-3 weeks.
John