From: DaveLeonard <daveleonard@cox.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Second stock turbo bites the dust
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:48:55 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
After reading that post I tried to grind that opening up a little myself (since my turbo re-builder wasn't interested).  After nearly 90 min of continuous grinding with a large dremmel wheel I gave up.  I made no change in the size of the opening.

Truly, a large manually operated waste gate is the best.

Dave Leonard (will be keeping it under 30" for the remainder of my 40 hrs when I can be "un-vanquished" from my home field)
A different turbine housing with an larger A/r and external waste gate (and now we are starting to talk additional weight)  OR the modification offered by the Australian firm opening up the turbine housing as well as the internal exhaust gate port would be something I would strongly consider.
That's my next call. I like having a lot of power, so I'm not "doing a Rusty" and chickening out. :)