From: DaveLeonard <daveleonard@cox.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Second stock turbo bites the dust
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:37:19 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Ed, that was Greg Richter.  He had no problems that he published, but he was using a TO4.  I think it was even a TO4-E like the map you posted.  He is now running a jet engine in his Cozy, and it flys.  www.bluemountainavionics.com

There are several different aftermarket manifolds that will support the TO4 series turbos.  I think I will get one and start working on the installation as soon as my 40 hrs are up (if I make it that far).  The problem is that most of those turbos were meant to run with a lower TIT as well.

On the other hand, Rusty seems to be doing OK.  He has about 20 hrs so far I think.  He is also running the C/S IVO which may help control boost.

Hey, you know, those IVO's are not very expensive, I just drank 2 beers, and the wife is not here... sounds like a great time to order one....  :-)

Dave Leonard
I never hear it Richard? from Blue Mountain Instruments? ever had any trouble with this turbo unit.  I forget which one it was, but it was not the stock Mazda.

Ed

Ed Anderson
RV-6A N494BW Rotary Powered
Matthews, NC