From: John Slade <sladerj@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Second stock turbo bites the dust
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 14:10:20 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
 >That baby got you home though!
Yep. That's the nice thing about rotaries. You can do almost anything to them and they keep on running. Just like the energizer bunny (on low batteries).

>Sounds like you were having a hell
of a good time before the turbo wheel let go.
Sure was. I even took some pictures and smoked a cigarette. :)

 > You handled the situation  very well.
Thanks. It would probably have been safer to put her down at the little field I was over, but I didn't relish trying to get a rental car there, or having to disassemble the airplane and truck it - so I took the risk and flew home.

Regards,
John