From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Synthetic oil?
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:56:37 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Tracy Crook" <lors01@msn.com>:

Bottom line is that I bought some Mobile 1, 10W-30, and plan to use it in
the car and the plane, but I thought I'd see if any of you know why Mazda
say's not to use synthetic.

The problem in the car is that the oil injection sends significant unburned
synthetic oil out the exhaust and it eventually clogs up the catalytic
converters. A very expensive thing for the dealer since they must certify
the emissions system for 100,000 miles.  The engine itself loves the stuff.
I have around 1200 hours in the plane on Mobile1.

Tracy Crook
tcrook@rotaryaviation.com
www.rotaryaviation.com