From: Jack Ford <jackoford@theofficenet.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: EC2 programming
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 20:29:24 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Radio Shack (?)
----- Original Message -----
From: John Slade
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 6:24 PM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: EC2 programming

I think I found the problem.... or at least Tracy did. He realized that my symptoms would be a lot like what you'd get if you used peak & hold resistors without the 5 ohm resistors.

About 2 years ago I got 2 purple 550cc injectors from Bruce. They were Saturation type, so I didn't need resistors.
A year later I got two more from the local Mazda shop for the secondaries. They were purple, so I ASSumed they were the same. I tested them tonight and found that they're the peak & hold type. Without resistors they get too much current and they don't open and close as the EC2 expects. Result - uncontrollable mixture problems.

OK, so how do I get 2 * 5 ohm 25 watt resistors on a holiday Saturday?

John (mix & match) Slade