From: Russell Duffy <13brv3@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: EC2 programming
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:33:56 -0500
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message
According to MSD the Satuation types take approx 2 milliseconds to open whereas the Peak and hold only take 1.5 milliseconds.

I've always wondered if this wasn't the key to why some people get better idle than others.  I recently changed my primaries from 550 Saturation type, to 460 saturation type, and didn't see any difference in idle.  I wonder if a set of 460 peak and hold injectors, with a minimal size resistor (more punch, but still within the driver's current limit) wouldn't work better.

Rusty (somebody stop me from buying motorcycles!)