From: Bob Darrah <RDarrah@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] remote oil adapter
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:51:35 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Kevin,
It looks to me to be the correct part.  The oil filter goes in the line going to the fitting.  A separate remote filter adapter, another item altogether, is required, to mount the filter.  The two holes that are connected together, one goes to, in the stock setup, an unfiltered oil to a relief valve that would prevent the stock filter from rupturing if it got clogged and the other goes to the oil galley.  With the remote filter in the inlet line, both holes receive filtered oil, no problem connecting them together.  I THINK!  It's that way on my 20B.

Bob Darrah