From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] remote oil adapter
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:34:14 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Interesting set up, Kevin.  Difficult to tell form photos, but it appears that it is a remote oil filter setup such that some oil is always filtered but some oil always bypasses the filter.  The only thing I can figure is someone was concerned about a plugged oil filler disrupting all oil flow and they wanted  a route for some oil to bypass the filter in that case.

The problem, as I see, it if the two holes are near the same size, then majority of the oil may take the easier path and by-pass the filter as the path of least resistance.

Ed

Ed Anderson
RV-6A N494BW Rotary Powered
Matthews, NC