From: Mark Steitle <msteitle@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Alternator - alternatives
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:11:55 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Ken,
It would have to come in at less than 6# for it to beat out the Geo alternator.  The John Deere permanent magnet alternator is even lighter than that.  It looks pretty hard to beat when you realize that it would let you continue your flight on to completion, and even return to your home base if you prefer to fix the failed alternator at your leisure.

Mark