From: Haywire <haywire@telus.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] alternator redundancy
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:05:30 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
The idea was to use a
> motorcycle or snowmobile magneto.

Hi Ken;
This idea was brought up a few years ago and while I initially thought
"wow, great idea", I happened to have a spare coil from a 780cc MachZ engine
and try as I might there is no easy way to make this work. It would take a
very substantial amount of work to make it feasible. It may be a good
project for the future when I have nothing to do... Hah, like that'll ever
happen?

S. Todd Bartrim
Turbo 13B RV-9Endurance
C-FSTB
http://www3.telus.net/haywire/RV-9/C-FSTB.htm

   "Whatever you vividly imagine, Ardently desire, Sincerely believe in,
Enthusiastically act upon, Must inevitably come to pass".