From: Pem Walton <pemster883@comcast.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Help with evaluating rotor housings
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:41:42 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
All,
My first post here, I've been hooked by the wankle bug.
I have just torn down and cleaned a non turbo 13b I pulled from a 87 junk yard car. Anyhow the engine appears to me to be in pretty good shape. (The Odo. showed 37K Miles). The side housings show little wear ~.002" and the rotors, shaft and all bearing surfaces look really good. My question is about the rotor housings, They are in good shape with no grooves or scratches in the chrome except at the edges where there is noticeable wear with small areas of some missing chrome. However this wear doesn't extend in more than an eighth of an inch from the edge of the housing. The rest of the housing surfaces are in great shape. This is the only wear I see that is of concern, but I have no experience with this engine.
I'm planning on putting this in a RV-7.
I would appreciate any help with this issue.
Even if I have to buy new housings, it sure was alot fun tearing it down! I think I got a good deal for $125

Thanks for your help

Pem Walton