From: Tracy Crook <lors01@msn.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] EM2 engine monitor
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:48:18 -0500
To: <flyrotary>

-----
From: John Slade
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 11:27 PM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: Thanks for the good vibes

Hey, Tracy. Good to know you're elbow is on the mend.

About this EM2 monitor you suddenly have time to work on....
How far is it going to expand? Any chance of it monitoring the other engine
stuff we all need, like oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, coolant temp,
fuel pressure, fuel quantity * 2, egt, prop RPM, etc etc etc. How soon and
how much? I need to make a decision on engine instrumentation real soon and
a RWS system built for the 13B / EC2 combination would be perfect.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery (once you've completed the EM2 :)

Anyone want to second my wish list, or add to it?
Sure.  Of course it must be set up to do the things for the 20B as well, and measure 3 EGT's.  Sort of a Grand Rapids Tech thing set up for our engines.  But then I have confidence that you know what we need, Tracy; and what's doable at a reasonable price.

Al

Yes, will definitely have a 20B mode since I decided to put one in my RV-8 as backup instruments for the Bluemountain EFIS1.  Will have air data (airspeed & altimiter) backup in it too.
While I was at it, I decided to make the EM2 suitable for Lycoming drivers, so there are 4 EGT & 4 CHT inputs available.
If I can't market this thing for at least 40% less than any equivalent monitor, I would not bother to build it.

Tracy