From: Tracy Crook <lors01@msn.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Thanks for the good vibes
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:28:05 -0500
To: <flyrotary>

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Slade" <sladerj@bellsouth.net>
To: "Rotary motors in aircraft" <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 2:27 AM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: Thanks for the good vibes

> Hey, Tracy. Good to know you're elbow is on the mend.
>
> About this EM2 monitor you suddenly have time to work on....
> How far is it going to expand? Any chance of it monitoring the other
engine
> stuff we all need, like oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, coolant
temp,
> fuel pressure, fuel quantity * 2, egt, prop RPM, etc etc etc. How soon and
> how much? I need to make a decision on engine instrumentation real soon
and
> a RWS system built for the 13B / EC2 combination would be perfect.
>
> Best wishes for a speedy recovery (once you've completed the EM2 :)
>
> Anyone want to second my wish list, or add to it?
> Regards,
> John Slade

Thanks John,
The EM2 has expanded to include everything you mentioned.  The fuel flow
readout will show GPH and total fuel remaining (or total used since reset).
The fuel quantity readout in each tank could be problematic because of all
the possible senders out there but I will work with every builder to get it
working with whatever they choose to install (within reason).   There will
also be several auxiliary inputs for measuring things like air temp behind
radiator, oil cooler, etc.

Other things will include backup instruments for airspeed, altitude & rate
of climb.  These will be optional in case you don't need them.

The display I'm using on the prototype is a Vacuum Florescent Display that
is very bright (adjustable) and looks so much better than the LCD types.  I
hope it passes the shock & vibration tests. Hope to have a picture of it on
the website soon.

Tracy Crook
tcrook@rotaryaviation.com
www.rotaryaviation.com