From: Jim Maher <DELTAFLYER@prodigy.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Two problems solved, 2 more pop up...
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 19:45:13 -0400
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Dave,
Here is the fix for the RMI Tach problem that you are having.
1. Remove R82 (61.9Kohm resistor) on the CPU board. It is located in the lower right hand corner of the pc board
2. Replace with a resistor of about 34K-36K.
I used a 34.8K as it allowed me to operate up to 7500RPM (as advertised) .
The exact value is not critical as this is in an RC circuit that controls a one shot that filters the tach signal.
It works by preventing any ringing or spurious pulses from getting through.
You should be able to source the resistor from Radio Shak or any other electronics outlet.
Another option which was suggested by Ron Mowrer at RMI is to leave the existing resistor in and solder another resistor of about 86.6K in parallel with R82, This has the same effect of putting a 36K resistor without having to remove the existing one.
Either way it will solve your RMI tach problem.
Jim Maher