From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] EM2 Inspection
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 12:07:07 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Perhaps I should clarify. The first picture is the display. Not an RWS product. Should be directly replaceable with a 20x4 LCD display.

The second picture shows the actual EM2 circuit board on the bottom of the case (with connectors and pressure sensors on the other side). The 16 (?) pin connector in the upper left side of the picture should accept the 16 pins from an 20x4 character LCD display, in case it's the fancy (VFD?) display that's gone bad.

Finn

On 7/31/2024 10:34 AM, DOUGLAS LOMHEIM dlomheim@aol.com wrote:

Cracked open my EM2 in hopes of discovering an easy fix reason for the no screen display issue, and can’t see any gross issues on the component side.  Can’t easily look at the other side though since the display has 15 tabs soldered in close quarters, and unsoldering those would quickly exceed my limited desoldering skills…
Sent from my iPhone

--
Homepage:  http://www.flyrotary.com/
Archive and UnSub:   http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/flyrotary/List.html