From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Fuelteck
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:38:39 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 2:32 PM Neil Unger 12348ung@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
Have been flying with the fueltech for possibly 8 years after my EMC caused problems.  tracy was able to fix, no problems, but due to time in freight to the US and OZ I was down for 6 weeks. Did fiddle with another local Oz version but was complicated. The local rotary gurus put me onto the fueltech which is also complicated as is designed for race cars / hotrods etc..  It does have a section especially for rotarys, possibly 3 pages but controls everything well. IN Oz at the time it was dear at $2800 AUD but had and still has backup. Controls spark, fuel, timing, turbo on a rotary. Then there is about 70 pages of stuff you will not need in aircraft, like gear change, burnouts, boost and whatever else they use in drag racing.  For me the big issue is backup which these days in OZ is impossible to get in anything.
Neil Unger.

Hi Neil,
Can you clarify 'backup'? Does that mean that it's a full dual controller like the RWS (that would be huge), or are you talking about service on it when you have issues?

Thanks,

Charlie