From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Rotary revival?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 16:30:13 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Reading those old Contact! articles made me wonder what the rotary roster looks like now.

With the steep increase in Lycoming engines and their long (2 - 4 years) lead time, I'm wondering why/if they're an increased interest in DIY rotary engine installs. With 200 RWS PSRUs out there (even if most of them may be 2.17:1) that's still a good supply of reasonably priced PSRUs.

Is it that there are relatively few real experimenters out there or that we're not really promoting the rotary? I know our most repeated statement is: "If you just want to go fly bolt on a Lycoming, if you want to tinker do an autoconversion". But with prices and lead times, does that still hold true?

Finn