From: Finn Lassen finn.lassen@verizon.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Throttle idle positioning
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 10:30:29 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Takes very, very little to keep the engine running. You need to be able to close it completely.

I have a small crack somewhere in the intake plenum when engine gets hot and it won't idle below 2,200 RPM.
(I'll have to take off the intake manifold and plenum to fix it)

FInn

On 1/1/2024 4:11 PM, DOUGLAS LOMHEIM dlomheim@aol.com wrote:
I’m tweaking my throttle plate, and wondered if this looks about right to enable it to idle correctly?  My push-pull doesn’t have enough total throw to allow it to go any lower without having it not fully open.  I would imagine I might need it to close down a bit and simply accept any “pumping loss”, due to it not being “wide open”?  Thx for your feedback!
Doug

Sent from my iPhone

--
Homepage:  http://www.flyrotary.com/