From: Marc Wiese cardmarc@charter.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: eccentric shaft pulley bolt removal
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 15:05:39 -0500
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Fellows,

Been trying to tear down an extra FD engine and I’m having a devil of a time getting the front pulley eccentric bolt off. The flywheel nut has already been removed. I did put the counterweight and flywheel nut back on to be able to bolt a bar to the counterweight to keep the eccentric shaft from turning when trying to get the eccentric bolt off. Here is what I have tried so far: breaker bar extension pipe (+3’); propane torch on bolt for 2 min to break any sealant (?); impact wrench-nada; sledge hammer on breaker bar; solvent.

Nothing worked. The engine just lifts off the floor with more torque. Does it take a gorilla to get this nut off???

Any ideas how to get this dam bolt off?