From: Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Coolant barbs
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 21:22:10 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Andrew

You were right. I mistakenly called my outlet the inlet.
The restrictor is in the outlet where the thermostat has been removed and flow much less restrictive than the OEM thermostat path.
And yes a smaller outlet would have achieved the same thing I suppose while reducing weight.

Did you put the Re-medy pump in from the beginning? Would be interested in a comparison of the pumps if anyone has that experience.

I thought rightly or wrongly that the restrictor provides a slightly higher pressure at the inlet of the pump and so reducing cavitation.

Cheers

Steve Izett