From: Doug Lomheim rv9flyer13b@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Bernie Kerr...
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:09:17 -0600
To: Rotary Motors in Aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
ALCON:

I just noticed on FB that Bernie Kerr passed away last night, as posted by his daughter.  Bernie did a nice rotary installation many years ago on his RV-9A, and if I were quicker I would have purchased his FWF package when he swapped it out for a Lyco-saurus.  Bernie was the consulate aero-engineer and earned a number of patents for P&W through his development of many fixes and improvements that made the F-100 engine (initially operated in F-15s) what is ended up being!  I visited his house on the airpark some years ago, and fully enjoyed hearing about his time with P&W and also his thoughts on operating rotaries in A/C.  Thoughts and prayers for his family during this difficult time.

Doug