From: Charlie England ceengland7@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Ed's Airplane for sale
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 13:19:09 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
On 3/24/2020 12:56 PM, Doug Lomheim rv9flyer13b@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Marc,

Yes, the buyer of my plane decide that due to personal circumstances he would have to sell it.  He hauled it to Dallas area disassembled and I presume it still is.

The plugs-up installation worked fine for me for over 500 hours.  One of the issues Paul and I could never agree on.

Ed

Does anyone know what it would take to modify Eds old RV-6A engine mount, to bolt up to my RV-9A?   :)

Doug

RV-9A 13B / FWF (progress on hold for a few more months…)
Hi Doug,

I've lost track. Are y'all back? I hope so; I'm pretty sure I don't want to be in central Europe at the moment...

The -6, -7, & -9 share the same firewall dimensions, so the mounts are *supposed* to be the same at the firewall. Having said that, welding often changes the dimensions of the steel, so the actual dimensions between/among the various holes can vary a little bit. At one point I bought a used -6 mount & gear legs as a 'backup plan' for my -7, and found that all holes lined up except one (top pilot side), which was off by a bit less than 1/8" compared to the mount that came with my kit.

IIRC, my -7 firewall components (same as the -9) came with undersized 'pilot' holes, and the final hole locations were established by match drilling the mount to the firewall. If you haven't yet drilled your mount to your firewall, you should be able to put any of the listed mounts against your firewall and drill.

Charlie