From: Stephen Izett stephen.izett@gmail.com <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Renesis Timing
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 20:15:07 +0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi there Rich

In the EC3 code it suggests that the BUSENSOR can be programmed on various engines:
"BUSENSOR EQU 0x00 ;0 = NO BACKUP SENSOR, 1 = BACKUP INSTALLED (0xA8,0xA9,AB,AD,B1,B2,B4 0-200 ENGINE ONLY)"
But in the EC3 document I have, the pinout reads:
"Pin 6.  Crank Angle Sensor (CAS) 2         Destination. Not Applicable on this version.    (OPTIONAL)"
Also in the Document.
"Note,  This version of the EC3 controller is not available with the optional backup crank sensor even though it is shown in the schematic."
In both the EC2 & 3 documents I have under Sensor wiring it says:
"If you have installed a backup sensor and have ordered the EC2 with the backup sensor option, the backup sensor must be mounted 90 degrees in advance of the primary sensor.

Cheers

Steve Izett