From: Gordon Robertson <res0rlvx@verizon.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Brand new 13b powerplant for sale
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 18:19:20 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
Hi everyone,

Changed conditions force me to sell the rotary powerplant I was preparing
for my RV-8.   I would like to offer it to this list first.

This is a great package and I have over $7,400 invested in it.   I am asking
$6,800, you pick it up in the San Jose, California area.   Or else, I can
arrange shipping anywhere in the country.

This is one of the BRAND NEW, NEVER RUN engines from RX-7 Specialties in
Calgary, AB. If you dont know the story, RX-7 Specialties received an order
for 120 RX7 engines for the Canadian Natural Gas authority, so they got a
great price from Mazda for brand new engines.  They had a few left over, and
this is one of them.

It is basically a 1988 turbo.  RX-7 Specialties prepares racing engines, and
has made the following modifications at my request

9.4 cr rotors
Ceramic apex seals with new springs
Mild street porting of intake and exhaust (Adam of RX-7 estimates 180 hp)
Clean/removed casting flash and deburred housing
Grooved rotor housing water jacket modifications
Viton O-rings for rotor oil seals, front housing
Teflon encapsulated O ring for inner main seals
Disabled E-shaft thermal pellet
Crank angle sensor
EFI Mazda coils, one leading and one trailing (but I planned to use GM LSI
coils)
Dual belt accessory drive on engine, waterpump, with additional dual belt
accessroy drive pulley for alternator (not included)
AT type flywheel ring gear
Replaced front housing with 1989-1991 type front housing from low hour
research engine,including O ring encapsulation washer (this is to avoid the
oil pump O ring failure)
Starter motor to fit Tracy's RD1A reduction drive
Stock oil cooler
4 stock injectors

In additon,

New Tracy Crook RD1A reduction drive, assembled and mounted on the engine
New Tracy Crook EC2X controller programmed for General Motors LSI coils
A 3- point engine mount plate of 0.5 inch 6061 T5 aluminum with the two
front supports at the engine C/G and the rear support below the engine
pulley is bored for Barry Mounts, and attached to the engine.
3 Barry isolation mounts.

Interested people please contact me directly at g.robertson3@verizon.net or
phone me at 408 778 2246.