From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Lightening Strikes Six times (or More) Award
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:56:08 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Stone Tool" <owly@ttc-cmc.net>:

Failure #5 was to be expected........  I never use ballast resistors (ceramic) on anything.... they fail too often.   Resistance wires are available and have been widely used.... actually standard in automotive applications since the late 60's.  The only exception I can think of was Chrysler products which used them right up until they went to crank fired ignition..... they always were a trouble spot.

5.  Ballast Coil Resistor Failure (Before I was using Tracy's EFI this
failure not only kill the spark to the leading plugs , but because I was
triggering my HALTECH EFI from that coil it also killed the injectors -
Fortunately this happened on the ground)